Wednesday, December 15, 2010

~ Little Things ~

Sometimes it's the little things that count. For instance, a drab pull string on a fan can be changed to something quite unique . . .

I love details - Any small change that can make a big difference. I was admiring our ceiling fan, with it's wooden blades and glass shades, when I noticed the pull strings were torn and dirty. They had obviously been around since the building of the house. We had recently bought a fireplace screen from Tractor Supply which had a country decor star on the front. I knew I had seen Christmas tree ornaments with those same stars on them before, so I suggested to Momma that we buy two of those and new pull strings. She and Dad went shopping and came back with the ornaments; a star and a rooster. Leah braided yarn into very tight ropes and made the pull strings. It took a while but it looked very nice in the end . . .


~ Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment